Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oh man, this is awesome.

I get to co-conduct an interview of Heather Joseph-Witham, the Mythbusters Folklorist, professor at Otis, urban legend expert, tree-cosplayer, and all-around interesting gal. This is gonna be sweet.

Some things I learned from simple research:
  • Her last name is not pronounced WHIT-ham like I had assumed but rather WITH-hum.

  • Her name is misspelled on the title tags of her own web page. That's kind of sad. I hope someone fixes it post-haste.

  • Though it appears in this picture that Ms. Joseph-Witham is cosplaying as a tree, she is in fact a vampiress. Truth be told, I never would have guessed that.

  • In 1993, she presented a paper to the American Folklore Society that mentions an Indian Jewish community in L.A. I must learn more about these people. Indian Jews! Everyone knows that us Jews are complete wusses when it comes to spicy food! I'm amazed they haven't starved yet, or exploded from curry overload.


That's all I got for now. Man, this is gonna be fun.