Friday, June 15, 2007

Un descuento en los fuentes

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to whom this has happened. On several occasions, I've walked into a place that sells fountains of various sizes and varieties and purposes. I like fountains, and naturally start gawking. Then, suddenly, BAM! I see that that little six-inch-tall waterfall thingy costs SIX BILLION DOLLARS AND IT'S THE CHEAPEST ONE IN THE WHOLE COMPLEX! How sad. I suppose I'll never get a fountain. Unless....

Cue daydream!

...Welcome to Sam's Discount Fountainarium! Here you can fulfill all your fountain- and waterworks-related needs without breaking the bank! Instead of stone, bronze, cement and resin, we use the highest-quality laminated bamboo and ABS plastic! To save even more money, we make all our water pumps ourselves in the back of the warehouse out of stuff our interns steal from the municipal dump! We even offer fountainettes that fit in your hand, for those snotty individuals who want to be "zen" wherever they go!

End daydream!

Man, I could seriously make money selling those mini-fountains to faux-Buddhist hippie Angelinos. Those dudes are gullible.