Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sugarsugarsugarsugarsug--oh, and other crap too

Does anyone out there remember The Iron Giant? It was a very well-animated movie about a child in Cold-War-era America and a giant space robot from space that likes to kill people who have guns. Yeah, don't worry about the layers of hypocrisy there. The point is, there's this one scene where Hogarth (the child) makes MEGA-TWINKIES. He takes a standard Twinkie, puts it on top of a can of aerosol whipped cream, and sprays the whipped cream into the Twinkie until it leaks from every pore. Then he eats the whole thing in one bite. Holy CRAP I need to try one of those.

...

This would be a way better blag post were I to try one right now. Unfortunately, I have no whipped cream. This is a problem.

Now I can't get those mega-Twinkies out of my head. I do fully intend to try one. I have this idea in my head that trying an extremely excessive food once, and only once, then it's okay. Inexplicably, I think it has no health impact that way. I've done a couple things like that. Colee and I started the Super-Great Self Esteem Club, for example. To join the SGSEC, one has to consume five cupcakes and not feel any twinge of guilt That's pretty sugar-heavy. Then there's the time that I ate an entire jar of pickles in one sitting to see if I could. That's %700 of your daily sodium intake, right there. I still have this desire to eat a hummingbird--I guess that kind of fits into the "One-time food that's probably really bad for you" category. Mmmm...pickled hummingbird mega-Cupcake with whipped cream filling.

Oh, hey. I made a new blag. Check it out, if you're feeling particularly multilingual.