Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hi. I made a blog.

It's happened at last. I made a blog.

For the past several years, I've attempted several methods of saying "Hey! Look at me!" over the internet. I wanted a webcomic, but I can't draw. I wanted a website about webcomics, but those suck. I made a fanpage for a video game, but someone else who actually did some research beat me to the punch with a far higher-quality and in-depth page. Filmmaking, novel-writing, satirical music (actually, pretty much all of these examples were rife with satire). I couldn't decide. But one thing I didn't want was a blog. No no no. Blogs are a-dime-a-dozen, and--no offence, friends--most of the blogs I've seen are filled with nothing more than one or two sentence ramblings about how life sucks. Thanks, Sucky Blog Author. You obviously don't care about your blog, so why should I care about reading it?

Yes, I was terrified of becoming a Sucky Blog Author. I was afraid of having to be funny or insightful every single post. I was afraid of getting lazy and abandoning my minimal reader base. Actually, I'm still terrified of those things.

Sod off, Blog-Related Fears Personified. I'm not going to let you boss me around, even if you are grotesque and scary. THIS IS MY REALM OF BLOGDOM! IN YOUR FACE AFOREMENTIONED PERSONIFICATIONS OF MY FEARS!

Mmm-hm. This will hopefully end up being a conglomeration of my past aspirations. Expect many bad ideas and worse sketches, like so:



And with that, I go to bed. G'night, world!